About the center
Uppsala Center for Labor Studies (UCLS) was founded in January, 2010 through a 10-year grant from the Swedish Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare (Forte).
There are a number of broad research themes within UCLS, for example:
- Unemployment and social protection
- Technical change and the labor market
- Labor market institutions and employment relations
- Earnings, education and inequality
- Immigration, integration, and segregation
- Political participation and inequality
- Gender, health, and family policies
The Director of UCLS is Peter Fredriksson, professor of Economics at Uppsala University. The deputy director is Per-Anders Edin, professor of Industrial Relations at Uppsala University.
UCLS brings together researchers from Department of Economics, Department of Government and Department of Law at Uppsala University. The Department of Economics serves as host institution for the center.
The Uppsala Immigration Lab (founded in 2019) is part of the UCLS.