About the center
Uppsala Center for Labor Studies (UCLS) was founded in January, 2010 through a 10-year grant from the Swedish Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare (Forte).
There are a number of broad research themes within UCLS, for example:
- Labor market institutions and employment relations
- Unemployment and social protection
- Impact of technological change on the labor market
- Earnings, education and inequality
- Immigration and integration.
The Director of UCLS is Peter Fredriksson, professor of Economics at Uppsala University. The deputy director is Per-Anders Edin, professor of Industrial Relations at Uppsala University.
UCLS brings together researchers from Department of Economics, Department of Government and Department of Law at Uppsala University. The Department of Economics serves as host institution for the center.
The Uppsala Immigration Lab (founded in 2019) is part of the UCLS.